Latest

Friday, 7 August 2026

Rakesh Roshan recalls feeling ‘helpless’ during Sunaina Roshan’s health battles; says, “I used to be smiling always and giving courage”

Sunaina Roshan has never hesitated to speak openly about the personal struggles that have defined different phases of her life. From battling alcoholism and cancer to dealing with health complications and body shaming, she has consistently shared her experiences with the hope that they may encourage others facing similar challenges. In the latest episode of her Instagram series, Dad & I Unfiltered, Sunaina had an emotional conversation with her father, filmmaker Rakesh Roshan, as the two reflected on the difficult times their family endured together.

During the heartfelt discussion, Sunaina asked her father a question she admitted she had never asked him before. Looking back at the period when her health was at its lowest, she said, “I don’t think I have ever asked you this before. When my health was at its worst, what was going through your mind as a father?”

Rakesh responded by revealing how emotionally difficult it had been to watch his daughter go through repeated health crises. He admitted that there were several moments when he felt powerless despite wanting to do everything possible for her. “It’s not been once, it has been many times. I used to pray silently. I did have tears in my eyes sometimes, but then I had a different front when I used to come to you to meet you. I used to be smiling always and giving you courage,” he said.

Hearing her father's words, Sunaina shared that it was his strength and positive outlook that inspired her own approach to adversity. She recalled that when Rakesh Roshan was diagnosed with cancer, she intentionally concealed her fears and emotions so she could remain a pillar of support for him. “I think I have got that strong mindset from you, how to fight everything. And I think I did the same thing when you had cancer. I was very courageous, smiling in front of you. But in my room, I used to sob and sob. I remember there were days, I would actually go to the mirror, start laughing by myself and in that way come and face you. I think I never told you this before. It’s the first time I’m telling you that,” she revealed.

Deeply moved by his daughter's confession, Rakesh emphasized the importance of staying hopeful when a loved one is battling illness. According to him, maintaining a positive attitude and offering emotional support can have a meaningful impact on the person's recovery. “Good, that’s the way because you do feel sorry when some family member, their children or any member in the family who are very close to you is not doing well health wise. But then by keeping a positive attitude, by smiling in front of them, giving them more strength at that time always has a good result,” he said.

Concluding the conversation, Sunaina highlighted that while support from family is invaluable, true determination has to come from within. She stressed the importance of believing in one's ability to overcome challenges, saying, “But that strength actually has to come from within yourself. Yes, I am going to fight it. Yes, I’m going to overcome this.”

The candid father-daughter conversation offered a rare glimpse into the emotional resilience that helped both Sunaina and Rakesh Roshan navigate some of the most challenging moments in their lives, underscoring the power of hope, family support and inner strength.

Also Read : Rakesh Roshan shuts down reports of Hrithik Roshan-YRF budget clash over Krrish 4: “There are no issues”



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/QBl9JYc

No comments:

Post a Comment