Latest

Wednesday, 20 May 2026

May 20, 2026

EPIC Studios and Mukta Arts announce strategic partnership for feature documentary on Subhash Ghai

EPIC Studios and Mukta Arts have announced a partnership to produce a feature-length documentary on filmmaker Subhash Ghai, to be directed by Raghav Khanna. Designed as an experiential journey into 1980s and 1990s India, the film traces how Ghai shaped the scale, sound, and ambition of Hindi cinema during one of its most defining eras. The collaboration intends to premiere at a prestigious international film festival before moving to a global streaming platform.

Beyond personal biography, the documentary examines the broader transformation of the Indian film industry. Featuring exclusive interviews with cinematographers, composers, and editors, the project explores how Ghai elevated the technical grammar and professional ambitions of the industry. The film will draw on news archives, behind-the-scenes footage, and select recreations.

Subhash Ghai said, “Cinema, for me, has always been about emotion, music, and dreams that stay with people for generations. I am deeply touched that this journey is being revisited with such care and passion for a new audience.”

Rahul Puri, Managing Director, Mukta Arts, said, “His films not only entertained audiences but also reflected and shaped the culture, aspirations, and spirit of India during that era. We are pleased to open our archives to a new generation of cinema lovers through this partnership.”

Raghav Khanna, director, added, “This is more than a biography. It is a time machine into a generation of youth and a society in flux. I could not have asked for better collaborators than EPIC Studios and Mukta Arts.”

Also Read: Subhash Ghai gives his blessings to Khal Nayak Returns, calls launch “a big moment”



from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/pXxh8wz
via
May 20, 2026

Sonu Nigam sells five Karjat land parcels for Rs 95 lakhs: Report

Playback singer Sonu Nigam has sold 1.067 hectares of land in Karjat, part of the emerging Mumbai 3.0 development corridor, for a total consideration of Rs 95 lakhs, according to property registration documents accessed by CRE Matrix and reported by Hindustan Times.

The recent transactions involve five adjoining land parcels located in Savele village of Karjat. Collectively spread across approximately 1.067 hectares, the land parcels were sold through multiple deals registered on May 12, 2026. Documents reveal that a stamp duty of Rs 5.7 lakhs was paid for the transactions.

As per the registration papers, one land parcel measuring 0.21 hectare was purchased by a group of four individuals for Rs 20 lakhs. Another adjoining plot measuring 0.215 hectare was acquired by two homebuyers for the same amount.

In a separate transaction, a 0.225-hectare parcel was sold to an individual buyer for Rs 20 lakhs. Meanwhile, another 0.20-hectare plot was purchased by two individuals for Rs 17 lakhs. The fifth parcel, measuring 0.217 hectare, was sold for Rs 18 lakhs.

Neither Sonu Nigam nor the buyers have publicly commented on the transactions so far.

Interestingly, this is the second set of land deals involving the singer in Karjat within a short span. In April 2026, Sonu Nigam sold multiple land parcels in the same region totalling over 1.9 hectares for ₹1.95 crore. Those transactions were registered on April 7, 2026, and reportedly involved four separate buyers.

According to the documents, the first parcel measuring 0.405 hectares was sold for Rs 50 lakhs, while another 0.718-hectare plot fetched Rs 75 lakhs. A third parcel spread across 0.607 hectares was sold for Rs 50 lakhs, while the fourth transaction involved a 0.208-hectare plot valued at Rs 20 lakhs. A stamp duty of Rs 11.70 lakhs was reportedly paid for those deals.

Apart from these sales, the Nigam family has also remained active in Mumbai’s real estate market. Earlier this year in February, Sonu Nigam’s father, Agam Kumar Nigam, purchased a 1,197 sq m property in Madh Island, Mumbai, for Rs 10 crores. The acquisition reportedly included a ground-plus-one-floor residential and commercial structure.

In 2025, Sonu Nigam was also in the news for leasing a commercial property in Mumbai’s Santacruz East for a five-year period at a total rental value exceeding Rs 12.61 crores.

Also Read: EXCLUSIVE: Sonu Nigam-Sunidhi Chauhan reunite after 8 years for Daadi Ki Shaadi: “It felt like no time has passed at all”



from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/F8rjbZL
via
May 20, 2026

Ahaan Panday to shoot energetic dance number in Manchester for Ali Abbas Zafar film? Here’s what we know!

Ahaan Panday is reportedly set to showcase his dancing skills for the first time on the big screen in his upcoming untitled film with director Ali Abbas Zafar. After creating a strong fan following with Saiyaara, the young actor is now expected to step into a more commercial and larger-than-life space with an energetic dance number planned as part of the action entertainer.

While many expected Mohit Suri’s Saiyaara to introduce Ahaan in a more conventional Bollywood hero format, complete with dance and music, the filmmaker instead presented him in an intense and emotionally layered avatar. The film turned Ahaan into an overnight Gen Z sensation, with audiences particularly connecting to his romantic and emotionally vulnerable character.

Now, industry buzz suggests that Yash Raj Films and Ali Abbas Zafar are planning to unveil a completely different side of the actor in his second film. According to sources, a special dance sequence is being planned in Manchester, UK, where a major portion of the film is currently being shot.

“This will be the first time that Ahaan will be seen dancing on the big screen, and we expect this to be a spectacularly special moment. A four-day shoot is being planned to shoot Ahaan singing and dancing just like the stars we have all seen doing for all these years,” a source revealed.

The source further added that the makers want to present Ahaan in a full-fledged star avatar. “The sequence will show Ahaan in his effortless best, and that’s how Aditya Chopra and Ali Abbas Zafar want to present him onscreen.”

Reports also suggest that Ahaan will rehearse for the song during breaks in the UK shooting schedule before filming the track toward the end of the international leg. The makers are reportedly looking to create a song with viral appeal among younger audiences, with plans to finalise a leading choreographer soon.

Also Read: Mithoon reunites with Mohit Suri for the next Ahaan Panday – Aneet Padda starrer; composer begins work on intense love story



from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/Oajq2z3
via
May 20, 2026

Rhea Chakraborty announces social media break, says “I’ve been missing myself a little”

Rhea Chakraborty has announced that she is taking a temporary break from social media, saying the constant digital noise had started affecting her mental well-being. The actor shared an emotional note on Instagram, explaining that she wanted to step away from the pressure of online life and reconnect with herself through real-world experiences.

In the note shared with her 3.6 million followers, Rhea wrote, “Lately, I’ve been missing myself a little. The constant noise, the scrolling, the keeping up — it’s all started to feel heavier than I expected... So, I’m taking a step back for a while — to slow down, breathe a little deeper, and reconnect with what feels real. Choosing lived moments over posted ones, for now.”

The actress has been slowly rebuilding both her personal and professional life after facing intense media scrutiny in 2020 following the death of actor Sushant Singh Rajput. Over the years, Rhea has largely stayed away from the spotlight while gradually returning to public life through selective appearances and projects.

On the professional front, Rhea is now preparing for a major acting comeback. She has been cast in filmmaker Hansal Mehta’s upcoming Netflix drama series Family Business. The show also stars Anil Kapoor, Vijay Varma, Neha Dhupia, and Dhruv Sehgal in key roles. The project marks her return to a significant acting role after several years, with her last feature film appearance being in the 2021 thriller Chehre alongside Amitabh Bachchan.

 

View this post on Instagram

  A post shared by Rhea Chakraborty (@rhea_chakraborty)

Meanwhile, Rhea also recently received legal relief after a special court ordered the defreezing of her bank accounts. The Narcotics Control Bureau had frozen the accounts during the investigation linked to Sushant Singh Rajput’s death in 2020. According to reports, the court accepted her plea that keeping the accounts frozen for years had caused financial hardship and was no longer justified.

Also Read: EXCLUSIVE: “Whenever Rhea Chakraborty is proven innocent, will all these news channels publicly apologise?”- Saqib Saleem



from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/1akxzfy
via

Tuesday, 19 May 2026

May 19, 2026

Kritika Kamra to begin work on her next following Matka King; to headline Pushaan Mukherjee’s feature film

Following the success of Matka King, actress Kritika Kamra has officially locked her next feature film, marking her first project announcement following the show which is now announced for a second season by Prime Video India. The actress is set to headline director Pushaan Mukherjee’s upcoming drama, currently carrying the working title Dumbbell, with shooting scheduled to commence in June.

Positioned as Kritika’s next major creative step, the film is expected to showcase the actress in a distinctly new space, further strengthening her reputation for choosing layered, performance-driven projects. While the makers are maintaining confidentiality around the storyline, industry sources confirm that Dumbbell is being mounted as a drama, with Kritika taking on a role that is both physically and emotionally demanding and creatively refreshing.

According to sources close to the project, Kritika has already begun preparations ahead of the June shoot schedule. A source shared, “Kritika was immediately drawn to the world of the film because of how different it is from her previous work. As a drama, the film gives her immense scope as a performer, and she has already started prep to fully immerse herself in the character before cameras roll next month.”

With principal photography set to begin in June, Dumbbell marks the beginning of a significant new phase for Kritika Kamra, as she continues to build a career defined by thoughtful choices and compelling narratives.

Also Read: Kritika Kamra on her character Gulrukh in Matka King, “She comes from a space of power, yet she feels powerless”



from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/Z1uGeyx
via
May 19, 2026

Alia Bhatt and Sharvari shoot with Samay Raina for India’s Got Latent Season 2 in viral photo

A viral picture featuring Alia Bhatt, Sharvari and comedian Samay Raina has taken social media by storm, sparking widespread speculation around the return of India’s Got Latent. The photos, reportedly clicked at The Habitat in Mumbai, have led fans to believe that the actresses may be appearing as part of the promotional campaign for their upcoming spy-universe film Alpha.

While there has been no official confirmation from the makers or the actors involved, the viral images have already triggered intense discussions online. Many fans appeared excited at the possibility of seeing Alia and Sharvari participate in Samay Raina’s popular digital talent-roast format, especially given the enormous online popularity the show achieved after its launch in 2024.

Created by Samay Raina, India’s Got Latent quickly became one of the most talked-about digital shows in the country due to its unfiltered humour, unpredictable format, and viral guest interactions. However, the show also attracted controversy and criticism over certain segments, eventually leading to a temporary shutdown and legal scrutiny. Following months of silence, Samay recently addressed the situation during his stand-up special Still Alive, confirming that the show would eventually return despite the emotional and legal challenges surrounding it.

 

View this post on Instagram

  A post shared by Bollywood Hungama🎥 (@realbollywoodhungama)

Now, with Season 2 already generating buzz, the appearance of mainstream Bollywood actors on the set has divided a section of the internet. While some social media users welcomed the crossover between Bollywood and digital comedy culture, others expressed concern that the show’s original raw and irreverent tone could shift towards a more promotional and corporate-friendly format.

Several users online commented that India’s Got Latent initially stood out because of its unconventional energy and unpredictable guest lineup. According to some viewers, frequent film promotions could dilute the authenticity that made the show popular among younger audiences in the first place.

Meanwhile, Alia Bhatt continues to dominate headlines globally following her recent appearance at the 2026 Cannes Film Festival, marking her second outing at the prestigious event. Apart from Alpha, the actress also has Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Love & War in the pipeline alongside Ranbir Kapoor and Vicky Kaushal.

Sharvari, on the other hand, is currently occupied with promotions for her upcoming film Main Vaapas Aaunga, directed by Imtiaz Ali.

Also Read: Alia Bhatt, Sharvari starrer Alpha locks July 10, 2026 for its theatrical release



from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/NDjabCU
via

Monday, 18 May 2026

May 18, 2026

Suraj Nambiar slams rumours surrounding his separation with Mouni Roy: “There is no alimony, no disputes, no third party involved”

Mouni Roy and entrepreneur Suraj Nambiar have once again found themselves at the centre of public attention following their recent separation announcement. A week after officially confirming their split through a joint Instagram statement, Suraj has now addressed the growing speculation surrounding the end of their marriage, firmly denying rumours about alimony, disputes, and third-party involvement.

Taking to Instagram, Suraj shared a lengthy statement calling several reports “baseless” and “malicious.” The note was later reposted by Mouni Roy on her own social media account, indicating a united stance from the former couple amid the ongoing chatter online. In his statement, Suraj wrote, “Recent baseless reports surrounding our separation have been made in bad taste and are absolutely malicious. Let me set the record straight once and for all. There is no alimony. There are no disputes. There is no third party involved”.

He further clarified that the decision to separate was mutual and made with maturity and respect for one another. “Mouni and I chose to part ways together, with mutual respect and with full consideration for each other's wellbeing. That is the truth. Everything else being reported is fiction, and in some cases, a deliberate attempt to vilify two people who have done nothing but ask to be left alone”.

Addressing rumours involving friends and alleged third parties, Suraj strongly objected to innocent individuals being dragged into the matter. He stated, “I want to state this clearly and finally: there is no truth to any of the claims being made about either of us, or about any third party. Dragging other people into this is not cool. Specially innocent friends who have nothing to do with this. Mouni and I have both conducted ourselves with dignity through this period and we expect that same dignity to be extended to us by those reporting on it”.

Calling out what he described as irresponsible reporting, Suraj added, “Media houses have chosen to fabricate narratives that do not exist. These reports have been published without a shred of verification, which is highly unfair. I am calling this out clearly and directly, because staying silent in the face of deliberate misinformation is not something I am willing to do”. He concluded the note by urging everyone to respect the joint statement shared earlier by the couple. “Our joint statement said everything that needed to be said. I request everyone to honour it and to allow both of us the space to move forward in peace. Thank you”.

Mouni Roy and Suraj Nambiar got married in January 2022 in Goa in the presence of close friends and family members. Their wedding, which featured both Malayali and Bengali traditions, had generated massive buzz on social media. Over the years, the couple frequently shared glimpses of their personal life and vacations online, becoming one of the most talked-about celebrity couples.

Three days ago, the former couple officially announced their separation through a joint Instagram note, requesting privacy and understanding from fans and the media as they navigated this personal transition.

Also Read: Mouni Roy and Suraj Nambiar CONFIRM separation after four years of marriage: “We will cherish our friendship”



from Latest Bollywood News | Hindi Movie News | Hindi Cinema News | Indian Movies | Films - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/qSaxAkW
via